The college has a well equipped and computerised
central library. There are sufficient number of
text and reference books. There are also a few
current journals which are basically subject
oriented, health and sports related. The library
is provided with a reading room with seat
capacity for a good number of students at a
time. Students can also avail easy excess to
daily news by using news paper stand of the
Name of the
Library: Puthimari College Library
Year of Establishment: 1981
Opening hour - 9 AM
Closing hour - 4-30 PM
Time for issuing books - 11 AM to 3 PM
Total Collection (books) - 13500
Total Journals - 17
Total Newspapers - 07
Special Collection - e-books under NLIST,
Microsoft Encarta (Electronic)
Encyclopaedia Britannica Volume.
* All regular students of B.A. and H.S. classes
* All faculty
members and staff of the college.
Rules and Regulations:
* Students are enrolled as a member of
the library just after their admission.
* Students can study books in the
library by producing their
* Silence must be maintained in the reading
Number of books issued to the students:
* H.S. Students = 01
* B.A. (Gen) = 02
* B.A. (Major) = 03
* Book Bank
Member = 02
* Provision for study in the
* Provision for reading daily
and weekly newspapers and journals.
* Provision for issuing
additional books to the poor but meritorious
students through Book
* Provision for OPAC Facility to enquire the
titles of the collections of the library.
* Provision for accessing e-books in the
computer through N-LIST Programme.
* Reward for the best reader
is sponsored by the librarian every year.
All the books of the
college library are computerised in SOUL 2.0
Version and book issuing service is fully
automated using barcode technology.
* Digitization of books and
* Construction of well equipped
1. Jagadish Kr. Bharali
2. Jagadish Kalita